Sergeant Major Royal Manticoran Marine Corps
||Sergeant Major Royal Manticoran Marine Corps
RSM Mark Darbe, OE, NS, QBM
The RSM of Her Majesty’s Manticoran Marine Corps is an important position. The RSM is responsible for the enlisted in the Marine Corps, to ensure the Gunny’s know their duties and responsibilities and to be the voice of the Enlisted to the First Space Lord and the Commandant. The RSM is the senior enlisted member of the Marine Corps and reports to the Commandant.
- Sergeant Major Royal Manticoran Marine Corps: Senior enlisted person in the Royal Manticoran Marine Corps (E-10)
- Command Sergeant Major of the Academy: Senior enlisted Person in the RMMCTC and Department head of the Enlisted Courses. (E-9)
- Regimental Sergeant Major: Senior enlisted person in a Regiment (8th Reg., 6th Reg. and so forth.) (E-9 to E-10)
- MarDet Gunny: Senior enlisted Marine aboard a ship and part of the MarDet Command Triad. (E-7 to E-9)
This billet reports directly to the Commandant and is charged with, but not limited to the following:
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Be a Cheerleader for the enlisted personnel
- Encourage participation
- Assist in conflict resolution
- Train/Educate Gunny’s and Regimental Sergeant Majors in their various duties including taking exams at the Academy
- Be the voice of the enlisted to the Commandant and assist them as required.
- Coordinate with other Branch senior enlisted to make sure the Enlisted Corps are all on the same page, and present a unified front
- The SMotRMMC is responsible for organizing and moderating the quarterly Enlisted Promotion Board for the RMMC nominated for promotion to the grades of E-8 to E-10
- The SMotRMMC approves all promotions from the grade of E-6 to E-7 nominated for promotion
- Other duties as assigned by the Commandant.
- First and foremost a SMotRMMC needs to do everything possible to enhance the fan experience of the members of the Corps. This includes all enlisted and even junior officers. Make sure they find what they are looking for in the fan environment
- Assign and oversee duties of the Regimental Sergeant Majors assigned to them. Hands on if needed, but ideally the SMotRMMC would give direction and then make sure it is done right & well.
- Act as an ombudsman to the Club to resolve conflicts.
- Discuss with each Gunny/RSM about their crew’s desired level of involvement (military, civilian, etc.) and assist them in getting their crew to participate to their level of comfort.
- Assist the Gunny’s and RSMs in Encouraging the crew to participate and have fun
- Create and foster an attitude of military bearing and respect among the crew to the best of each person’s comfort level.
- Foster an appreciation for uniform dress (whether it is a T-shirt or the full uniform). Help each member work to achieve at least a basic level of TRMN attire. Note what items per crewmember are needed to accomplish the next level of uniform dress.
- Be well versed in Drill and Ceremonies. Teach and maintain the marine’s ability to perform basic military drill and ceremonies functions as detailed by the commanding officer’s directives.
- Oversee enlisted exam and rating development in the RMMC.
- Locate and mentor NCOs to achieve higher rank and to take on more responsibility. Groom a Marine to take over SMotRMMC duties if SMotRMMC is unavailable. This will First be the CSM of the Academy, then the senior most of the RSMs.
The Sergeant Major Royal Manticoran Marine Corps (SMotRMMC) may maintain a small staff as necessary to accomplish the duties of the billet and any projects that are assigned the billet. The individual assigned to this billet shall have the rank of Regimental Sergeant Major (RSM).